the assistance of the European Union. The contents
of this website are the sole responsibility of Eesti People to People
and can in no way be taken to reflect the views of the European Union.
"Enhancing policy coherence:
making development work better"
co-financed by the European Commission.
This website has been produced with
Youth Protagonists of Change
The project is a long term intervention (10 months) directed to young people and their communities (through young people) aimed to empower young people to promote sustainable social change and a culture of peace and human rights (P&HR) in their communities and at European level.
The main actions foreseen are:
Act. 1- Training of young people on peacebuilding and protection of HR.
Act. 2- Peer-training of local group of young volunteers.
Act. 3- Advocacy and information/awareness raising campaign.
Act. 4- Educational workshops and activities with young people.
Act. 5- European conference on young people and peacebuilding.
1. To encourage young people to become active actors in social change processes and in creating a culture of P&HR.
2. To promote in young people learning concerning issues of peace, violence and HR.
3. To furnish young people tools and competences relevant to promote social change and a culture of P&HR.
4. To boost in young people attitudes and values necessary to their role as promoters of change, peace and HR.
5. To contribute to increase the network of Young Ambassadors for Peace.
6. To foster networking and cooperation among youth NGOs in Europe.
Main learning achievements:
• Knowledge -> violence, peace, culture of peace/violence, human rights (HR), human rights education (HRE), peace education (PE), gender approach (difference between gender and sex, understanding of social construction of gender), conflict analysis, peacebuilding, youth participation, prejudices, stereotypes, direct and indirect discrimination, interculturality and transculturality, Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms and Court of HR, advocacy, awareness raising, P and HR education (basic understanding of the approach used: flexibility, participation of learners, based on learners needs, need for a debriefing, active listening, etc), poverty, exclusion
• Skills -> how to create an advocacy and awareness raising campaign, communication, how to do a radio programme, capacity to see various perspectives, critical thinking, self-awareness about the own prejudices, stereotypes and conflict resolution ways, capacity to review the own prejudices and stereotypes, gender awareness
• Attitudes and values -> openness to diversity, active listening without prejudices, critical thinking, active glocal citizenship, positive vision of the future, hope, self-confidence, solidarity, emotions’ expression
• Young people aged 18-30
• Young people interested and motivated to contribute to peacebuilding and human rights culture in a long-term perspective.
• Young participants should be available to take part in the various actions foreseen also as follow up of the project.
• Young people who are available to act as multipliers on the second stage of the project, being aware they will have to train other young people and do other local activities on a volunteering basis that will require contact with young people and local actors.
• Medium-high level of English speaking.
The core team, constituted by CEIPES, UNOY Peacebuilders, Volunteer Catalonia and PATRIR, is the team in charge of the preparation and implementation of the working programme. In the foowing months we will together define the final workimg programme and the activities, as well as all details related with the educational setting of the course.
Sending partners are all the other partners who’s main responsibility is to find and send the participants (also core team partners send their participants) and that will benefit and contribute to the working programme.